Authorization to Administer Drugs by Injection

You must receive your Authorization to Administer Drugs by Injections from the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists (the College) before administering injections to patients.


Prior to completing this application, you must read and understand:

Have electronic version of the following ready to upload:

Certificate of Completion of Stage II CCCEP accredited training program for Pharmacists OR

If you are transferring your authorization from another Canadian jurisdiction: Have requested supporting documentation from other Canadian Pharmacy Regulatory Authority sent directly to the College.



All training programs must hold Stage II CCCEP accreditation (immunization and injection programs – CCCEP).

Application for Authorization to Administer Injections must be made to the College within one year of successful completion of the training program. If you completed a training program more than one year ago, please review section 4.3 of the Policy: Administration of Injections regarding retraining.

Authorization to Administer Injections from other Canadian PRAs are transferable to New Brunswick upon:

  • The College receiving supporting documentation (Letter of Standing indicating authorization to administer injections) and:
  • Attestation of current competency through regular and ongoing use of the knowledge and skills requisite for the administration of injections and
  • All other requirements for application being met

Note: Continuing competency in administering injections

Pharmacy professionals are responsible for periodically assessing their ability to perform competently when engaging in any aspect of the practice of pharmacy. Pharmacists who have not administered injections for a period of three years must notify the College to have their Authorization to Administer Injections revoked.

Pharmacists may reapply for Authorization to Administer Injections by successfully completing an accredited training program recognized by the College on administration of injections by IM and SC routes.

Pharmacists must maintain their online profile with the College relating to Authorization to Administer Injections.

Click on the following [link] to login to your NBCP profile, if you are prepared to complete your application for Authorization to Administer Injections.

↑ Back to top ↑