As written in the New Brunswick Pharmacy Act, Section 5(1)h, it is the duty of the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists to uphold and protect the public interest in the practice of pharmacy. The New Brunswick Pharmacy Act and its Regulations are the basis for governing the practice of pharmacy in New Brunswick.
The NB College of Pharmacists issues certificates authorizing the operation of a pharmacy in New Brunswick. The Certificate of Operation is issued in the name of a pharmacist who is designated to have authority over and be responsible for the operation of the pharmacy. The member is referred to as the Pharmacy Manager and responsibilities are outlined in the Regulations (begin with Section 20, Responsibilities & Delegation ).
Information relating to the registration of pharmacies in New Brunswick is outlined in Section 13 of the Regulations.
Pharmacy Standards of Operation are found in Section 14 of the Regulations .
- Change of Pharmacy Manager/Certificate Holder (includes interim/temporary change)
- Pharmacy Opening
- Pharmacy Change of Location
- Pharmacy Change of Name
- Pharmacy Change of Ownership
- Pharmacy Closure
- Pharmacy Assessment Form
- COVID-19 Notification of Temporary Pharmacy Closure
- Central Fill Practice Directive
- Methadone Practice Directive
- Pharmacy Practice Management Systems (PPMS)
Pharmacy Alert System